Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chaos And Serenity

For those of you not in the know, I volunteered to do crafts for two, week-long sleep away camps with about 90 kids each. I don't think I fully grasped what kind of commitment being in charge of crafts would be. I also didn't really understand that being given five weeks to create 7 kinds of crafts x 90 kids would be meltdown inducing. Last night my family staged an intervention. My behavior had not been acceptable (true) and I needed to change it (also true). Temper tantrums are not very becoming, especially when one is a college graduate.
Today my oldest and truest friend came over and helped me piece together kits. I've got one week left and I am experiencing an inexplicable amount of serenity.

My brother also asked me if I'd taken some sort of drug today because I was in a good mood. No. The intervention just happened to work.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...