Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sticking Out Like A Sore Thumb

I've been hard at work on my mitten pattern. The idea seemed simple enough, but the actual knitting the silly thing has been full of, "what looked good on paper didn't translate nearly as well when it was knit" with a sprinkling of, "this would fit better if it was 4 stitches less". The most irritating issue as of late is the thumb.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is the best thumb I've ever knit. I can hardly tell where the palm ends and the thumb begins... and I put the thing in. The top the thumb is perfectly grafted.

But the stupid thumb is about three stitches too high on the palm. Which means when I (or anyone else for that matter) slips the mitten on, the tips of my fingers push too hard on the top of the mitten so the overall pattern distorts. AHHHHHHH. It isn't an easy fix either. The thumb was an after thought thumb, so to get back to fix it, I have to rip half the mitten apart.

It's worth it though. I'm really looking forward to wearing them... and releasing the pattern.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...