Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sprig Is Here

I am a terrible gift giver. It's not what you think, though. I am excellent at finding a good gift, but I'm terrible at waiting to give them.

Case in point: Mum's birthday scarf. On Sunday, Mum told me that she was going to have an early birthday lunch on Friday. I hadn't started her gift yet because I thought I had another week to procrastinate.

I blocked the scarf today. And then it happened. I couldn't wait. I HAD to give it to her. It was still warm from being in the sun when I handed it over.

I believe she is quite pleased. She even stood for pictures. On a different note, her birthday lunch has been moved to Monday. But I don't care. I don't have to wait anymore.

I wasn't sure when to announce this, but as we all know, I can't wait. So, if you'd like the scarf pattern, Sprig, for FREE, you can check out ravelry, or you can go to bear-ears.com to download it. It's on me.
EDIT - As of November 30th, 2011, this pattern is now a pay-for pattern.

3 comments :

Andi said...

I have the same problem! I get excited about a project and I just can't wait to see the recipient's reaction. Half the time I forget to get a picture of the FO.

A Lost Feather said...

so pretty! i love the scarf.. awesome job!

hahaha yeah i am the same way.. i try to do make/buy gifts at the last minute so i don't spoil the surprise a week before the date. it usually backfires and they get their gift late. oh well. it's the thought that counts?

Anonymous said...

Yup, I totally know that feeling! I can never keep a gift a secret either.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...