Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shawl Setback

For the past few days, I was chugging along on my first shawl design. It was going so well I thought I might even finish knitting the sample by Wednesday. Unfortunately, I've had a bit of a setback.

The effect I wanted (which looked great on paper) has not translated well onto a full size knit. So I will be ripping around 40 rows of knitting. 40 rows. I was supremely pissed at myself for not admitting that the design wasn't working earlier. I kept telling myself, "In a few more rows, it should look better." HA. Not so.

So I've printed more graph paper and will be changing a large part of the design. I'm fairly confident that it will go better this time. In the least, I do have cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

1 comments :

Unknown said...

Ahhh that sucks! Sorry to hear that :( I hope your next attempt goes well! And cookies are always a silver lining to any situation ;)

xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...