Saturday, May 21, 2011

Designs In The Works

The last few days have just flown by while I was designing. It's all I can do to knit as fast as I can design. Right now I'm swatching for a second shawl design.

I have also finished up charting a mitten pattern. It is now being knit. I've had the idea for these mittens for over a year and a half now. I even bought yarn for it more than a year ago! It's kind of a relief to get the idea out of my head and onto paper.

The pattern for the Green Gables shawl has been finished and is now being test knit. Just need to take better pictures for the actual pattern.

Of course I've got another scarf on the drawing board and two hats that are so close to being done it's a little silly. One needs to be test knit and have an additional photo added. The other just needs one last little bit designed before it is finished up. (I almost called myself lazy for not finishing the two hats. But honestly, having six knits I'm simultaneously working on is a bit draining.)

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Are those chequerboard squares on the mitts? I LOVE chequerboard squares :D

Audry said...

They are indeed chequerboard squares. (They are on the palms of the mittens)

WildflowerWool said...

The yarns you are using for both the shawl and the mitts look wonderful! Looking forward to the patterns.

Audry said...

You have excellent taste, Lousie. The mittens are being made of 100% alpaca. The white shawl is an alpaca/silk blend.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...