Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's Hip To Be A Square

I've been debating whether or not to start a Granny A Day since I've got a stash of acrylic yarn I need to bust. It's my own fault. I have a hard time not buying yarn when I see it at the thrift store.
The acrylic level of The Stash is overflowing

Of course doing a granny a day is no fun without having a friend to do it with. So I spent the day teaching Lindsey how to make grannies.
Crocheting Fiend

We've decided to start with a smaller project first. The Granny Square Slippers by The Purl Bee. I only recently learned how to make a granny square and Lindsey learned today. Pretty good for a first try.
My first square and and Lindsey's first square

Scooter joined in the fun as well
Scooter learns to crochet

It briefly cleared up today, so I got to do a quick photo shoot for the fox hat.
Foxy

I think I'd like to do a few woodland creature hats. Although I'm not sure what animals I should go with. Any suggestions would be helpful. So far I'm thinking about doing a bear hat and a raccoon hat.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...