Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Zealand Recap

Those of you who have followed the blog for the last two weeks don't need to be told this: I had a great time in New Zealand. I got to hike all over the place.
 
Taranaki Falls

I saw some interesting sights. This wasn't the only car I saw with gumboots on the back bumper.
Somewhere not far from Upper Hutt

I even fit in a jumping photo. (Here you go Wei Siew. This one was for you.)
Makara Beach Walkway near the wind farm. Photo credit to Dad.

And I came away with some neat finds. The yarn was covered on the Yarn Day post. But most of these books were found while I was near Auckland. The books, left to right, are as follows: Tribulations of a Chinaman, King Lear, Chronicles of Avonlea, King Solomon's Mines, Further Chronicles of Avonlea, Pilgrim's Progress, Wuthering Heights, Myths and Legends of the Australian Aboriginals, Romance & Legend of Chivalry, Ancient Legends of Ireland, Gulliver's Travels (with Rackham illustrations!), and Picture of Dorian Gray.

All in all it was a great, albeit not restful, trip. I hope I can go back soon. But until then, I'll be pressing my nose upon the grindstone to get The Book finished. 

6 comments :

Unknown said...

So pleased that you enjoyed your very eventful trip, you have definitly reminded me of some local places I need to go see!

Anonymous said...

Cool jumping pic! :D

You had some great finds in bookshops in Auckland.

Andi G said...

It has been so fun traveling to NZ through your eyes. Thank you for taking us with you!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful adventure! Thank you for sharing your photos and adventures - - I always love living vicariously through others! And what a wonderful collection of beautiful old books.

Pumpkin said...

Ah you've answered my book question, I wouldn't have been able to pass those up for sure, they are wonderful. I'm particularly interested in "Romance and Legend of Chivalry." You were able to explore some truly beautiful places, thank you for sharing your photos and stories, it has been a joy to read about!

Courtney said...

Those book are beautiful! Great finds!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...