Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cranking Out The Knits

It's been a crazy for the last week and a bit. Three days after getting back from New Zealand, I made a quick trip North to do the last two photoshoots. There are no behind the scenes pictures of it because we did the shoots back to back and everyone was pretty focused on getting them done. But I can say that my last two models were perfect. After coming back, I rested for a day or two before beginning to layout the book. And somewhere in there I managed to finish my Grace Cardigan.

Or, I'm going to call it done. After getting the buttons in, I had the misfortune of learning that the buttons will not stay in the button holes. I've been wearing it regardless and I probably wouldn't button it up anyways. Maybe I'll fix it one day. At least the sleeves fit now.

I had knit one of these socks to the heel while in New Zealand. I went absolutely nuts when I got back and cranked the remaining sock and a half out.
 

I modified these Sleepy Hollow socks to not have the weird bar of stockinette down the back center. This pair has leaves going around the entire leg. Other than my modifications to cut down on the stitch number, this pattern was perfect. It was easy to follow and reasonably relaxing for being socks that have patterning every round. The heel and gusset are knit at the same time, which was a first for me. I think I like that method better than picking up heel flap stitches. 

I briefly worked on another WIP I have, but couldn't wait any longer to cast on with some of the yarn I procured in New Zealand. This is Knitsch in the colorway Odelay. I'm making a second pair of Leyburns. The Leyburn pattern was the first sock pattern that gave me a pair of socks that fit. I liked the pattern quite a bit, so I thought I would revisit it. So far, so good.

The rest of this week will be dedicated to book layout. The goal is to have the patterns out to test knitters by Friday. I really hope I can get through it all.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

That is very exciting news! The cardigan and socks are gorgeous. I like the way you've used the Knitsch too - Leyburn look like a good way to break up the variegation of the colourway.

Anonymous said...

Wow what stunning colours in that last photo - must have been tricky to photograph it to get that amazing balance in the brights and darks! Awesome.

Jennifer said...

Your sweater looks beautiful and those socks are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Your Grace is so lovely! I started my own on the weekend and have been feeling a little meh about it (I blame the weather, not the yarn or pattern), but seeing yours finished makes me want my own!

Sigh, and those socks...

Pumpkin said...

Wow, that sock yarn for the new pair of socks is wild! I love it though. The cardigan is gorgeous, just like I knew it would be. You couldn't have picked a better colorway or yarn. Those darn buttons though! I will actually rarely knit socks that require picking up any stitches, it is just so annoying!

Unknown said...

Great socks! That second pair is gonna be eye-popping.

Maryse said...

I love your Sleepy Hollow a lot!

French Nanny said...

I just bought this pattern. Can you tell me what your mods were to stop that 'weird bar of stockinette'? I can't see it at all on the pattern site...

Penny
x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...