Saturday, June 22, 2013

Priorities

Work on the book goes ever on. I'm currently working on the diagrams of various techniques. Here's a draft of the backwards loop cast on. This was probably the easiest one to draw. Others have taken days. I really would like to be done with these in the next week or so. I think I have around 12 more drawings to go, so we shall see.

But if I'm going to be truly honest as to why I have been MIA from the blog, I might have gotten hooked on a particular show. My buddy AJ loaned me the first season of Game of Thrones, which meant three things:
1. I had to buy the second season.
2. I had to go out and get the first book... and then the second.... and soon the third.
3. Doing anything that wasn't related directly to The Book or Game of Thrones was immediately abandoned.

For those who are also hooked, who are your favorite characters? My favorites thus far are Jon Snow, the Hound, Arya, and Jaqen. I've been fortunate that most of my favorite characters are escaping death so far, but you never know with this series.

6 comments :

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Jon Snow and Arya...and Varys..I'm reading the 5th book now..

Pumpkin said...

Every time you write about The Book, my head spins with the amount of work you've put into it, and I am of course very excited to have my own copy! My aunt gave me the first two books of Game of Thrones when I was 12, awkward age to read those books, let me tell you. I loved them anyway, I wasn't as impressed with the 4th book though.

Unknown said...

Haha...that reminds me of when I watched the first season, and the second season hadn't yet been made. I had to go out and read the first book, then the second, etc. etc. Nothing else got done for a while, except exercise, since I could read on the Stairmaster. Arya and Jon Snow are my favourite characters, but there are so many others to choose from.

Unknown said...

OMG YES. Almost the very day I turned the final copy of my master's thesis in, I started reading the Game of Thrones series and it was like water to someone dying of thirst. I read it like I couldn't live without it. I read it to the point of distraction FROM LIFE. I'm convinced it's part of why it took so long for me to get my paper reworked and submitted. But it was worth it. :)

Arya is a definite fave, and I really like Brienne whom you may not have gotten to know yet? She's awesome. And the Imp, definitely. Do be prepared, though, he very much likes to kill people off, usually as soon as you start liking them a lot.

Maryse said...

You seem to draw so much better than me! Good luck with all of them!

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love Game of Thrones! You definitely need to read all of the books - - they are very long, but the TV show leaves out so much. My favorite characters are Arya and Tyrion (both of whom really shine in the latter books).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...