Thursday, May 16, 2013

Southern Skies

The Southern Skies pattern is now available! Southern Skies is the sister shawl to Celestarium. 

Southern Skies is a pi shawl knit from the center out and is an accurate view of the night sky from the South Pole.

It requires 1200 yds/ 1100m of fingering weight yarn. I've used Cephalopod's Skinny Bugga! in the Charaxes Tiridate colorway. So if you are interested in a copy of the pattern, it can be found on ravelry.

A big thank-you to Wei Siew of Kiwiyarns Knits for modeling this shawl.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am going to start knitting this when I get back to NZ, after two years in Europe, as a celebration! Of course, I'll have to sub some lovely Kiwi yarn in ;) Thanks for your hard work on this amazing pattern - I can't wait to knit it!
Sophia

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I cannot believe how quickly you put this together, Audry. It is gorgeous!

Alina Sayre said...

Wow!!! Congratulations, Audry! It looks beautiful :)

Pumpkin said...

Hmmmm, one of these days I'll have to knit this one too, after I've finished the Northern skies. I'm going to have to learn more about constellations while I'm knitting along for sure! Amazing work, Audry. You are truly talented.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is GORGEOUS! So dramatic!

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous Audry, I've never been a shawl wearer, and never knitted in the round like this, but I can't wait to make this. Just have to control myself until my stash lowers a bit before I can seek out some yarn to do it justice.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...