Sunday, May 12, 2013

Watch Out For The Trolls

Day three in Wellington was the beginning of a big adventure. We took the ferry to Matui/Somes Island and hiked all over. On the island we had a great view of the island lighthouse. In the distance, we could see the TV tower we hiked to on our first day.

As we hiked along, Owen spotted a Tuatara.

We all saw a bunch of Kakariki all over the island. This guys was nibbling on something tasty.

There were boxes all over the island that were designated Weta houses. I find Wetas to be rather unsetteling. They remind me of the Jerusalem Crickets that we would see at the wool mill. I didn't like the Jerusalem Crickets either.

After visiting the island, we went over to the Weta workshops to have a look around. I got caught unaware by a troll. 

By this time, we were all pretty tired. But after dinner it was suggested that the group go visit Mount Victoria to catch a view of the city at night. 

As I looked up, I got a good view of the Southern Cross. In a few more days, I'll be releasing the knit version. But until then, we'll all have to just enjoy this picture.

6 comments :

Andi G said...

What an amazing trip. Thankfully your photos are so beautiful, it is as though we are with you.
You and the troll...cracks me up!

Pumpkin said...

You always have the greatest photos, I'll bet there is a whole album of photos of you being hilarious. I'm looking forward to more photos of your trip!

Anonymous said...

You are having a great time! I'm so glad that the weather has been good for you too.

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time. We get wetas in our letterbox (I think they are a mated pair!) and we look out our lounge window to Somes Island.... I have never been!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your photos, wellington is home to me and I miss it and visit it all the time!

Have a wonderful time and don't forget to buy lots of NZ wool :O)

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you left your troll encounter unscathed! He looks like a mean one!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...