Saturday, May 11, 2013

Boom Rock

Our friend Chris has been secretive for months over where his birthday party would be. On our second day in Wellington, a huge group of us were loaded on a bus and went for a long drive. 

After going through paddocks, passing many sheep, and finding what seemed to be the edge of nowhere, we reached our desitination: Boom Rock. The view was quite impressive. Chris had been worried all day that the weather would be unpleasant, but it was clear enough that we could see the South Island.

Activities at Boom Rock included shooting at clay pigeons. I let them all live this time around. We also got to try knife throwing. I was a bit better at that.
Picture Credit to Dennis. I wasn't going to do this, but Dennis wouldn't let me get away with not trying to shoot some clay pigeons.

As the sun set, the clouds moved in and we all hunkered down for a warm meal and to tell stories about Chris.

2 comments :

Pumpkin said...

I was hoping you would see some sheep, in fact I was hoping for some photos of sheep. You may be having too much fun over there!

Jennifer said...

Wow, look at you shooting a rifle! I once did archery in summer camp and was able to shoot an arrow somewhat in the vicinity of the target.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...