Monday, May 13, 2013

Rivendell

Before I left for New Zealand, Tyler gave me a pair of socks. The pattern name is Rivendell, and I promised to take pictures of them in New Zealand. What I didn't realize was that I'd actually be able to take pictures of them where Rivendell was filmed. 
Photo credit to Dad.

So here you go Tyler; the socks made it to Rivendell.

And just in case it wasn't clear that this is where Rivendell was filmed, here is a sign post in both English and Tengwar. I was pretty surprised with how little space the set took. All of Rivendell was put on a small patch of the Kaitoke Regional Park.

After we finished looking at where the set had been, we went for a hike. The light was magical. I can see why the location was chosen for Rivendell.
 

There were quite a few interesting plants. I spotted a silver fern, which is a symbol of New Zealand.

At the end of the hike was a swing bridge. The worst position to be on a swing bridge is in the front. It doesn't matter how reserved the second person is on the bridge. The urge to jump and make the bridge tremble to scare the first person is too high. Poor Dad. Chris and I were both behind him.

2 comments :

Pumpkin said...

That is so adorable, and you took wonderful photos of the socks there too. I'm so glad to hear that you are getting to see so much during this trip. But I shouldn't be surprised, your family always accomplishes so much during trips.

Jennifer said...

How wonderful that you were able to photograph the Rivendell socks at Rivendell! I just LOVE Lord of the Rings and am so happy to see all of your LOTR adventures.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...