Monday, May 20, 2013

Farmhouse Views

Dad had promised me that I would get to sleep in a bit in Raglan. That lasted until about 7:30AM. A rapid pounding on the door was followed by, "Get up. It's really pretty outside." I grudgingly pulled on some trousers and stepped onto the porch to see this. 

And this.

Hardly seems fair. I wish this was my morning view more often.

Norris gave us a tour of his farm, including the milking shed. The cows get milked twice a day at the beginning of the milking season, just once late into the milking season, then not at all to give them a rest. They currently weren't milking the cows. 
I was impressed to learn about all the different checks that go on at the farm to make sure the milk is of a high quality. 

After the tour we headed back the the house before leaving. The farmhouse had been built in the early 1900s, and later had an addition put on. The wing we stayed in was part of the old farmhouse, which looked similar to how I imagined the manor in Wuthering Heights would look. 

We said our goodbyes. I was especially sad to leave Buoy, the six month old farm dog. He was a sweetheart. My favorite bit was watching him get tangled up in my Dad's shoelaces while Dad was trying to tie them. Buoy just wanted to be part of the action.

3 comments :

Pumpkin said...

That view is totally worth getting up early for and I don't say that lightly. Also, hold the phone! You know someone named Norris??! Me too! My brother is also named Norris and I have never heard of someone else with that name, how cool!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you could have had a better holiday if you ask me. Lucky!! I hope that one day I will wake up to views like that every morning. It's just the best.

Elisa Rocket said...

Beautiful photos! Well done. Slightly more picturesque setting for cows than at UCD.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...