Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sock Hop

After writing yesterday's post, I was super motivated to finish up the Boromir socks. Ta Da! Finished Boromir socks. Blocked and all.

I spent all my time from when I put up yesterday's post until midnight. It was worth it. I feel great having a finished project that isn't The Book related.

And as I said, I would cast on something new as soon as I finished the Boromir socks. This is a going to be a pair of ribbed socks out of Socks That Rock medium weight in the colorway Farmhouse. And I'm just in love with how the color is striping. 

And I knit up the very last swatch for design #8 for The Book. I'll be casting on for this project shortly. The yarn is Madelinetosh DK in the colorway Cousteau.

6 comments :

Anji said...

Love those Boromir socks! I just went to Rav and added the whole LOTR collection to my queue. That pattern is gorgeous and the yarn really shows it off

Pumpkin said...

I love your picture of the new pair of socks (and of course your finished pair look perfect and very snugly) with the frost (?) in the background. Good luck on the book, you can do this!!

José said...

Those socks are ace ! As well as is the yarn for your newly cast on pair.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the socks! They are gorgeous! And oh my goodness... those new socks - those are truly Socks That Rock! Seriously cool colourway!!!

WildflowerWool said...

Yay for finished socks! Looking forward to seeing the new ones knit up :)

Maryse said...

Three beauties: the FOs, the WIP and the gauge! This Madelintosh is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...