Monday, May 14, 2012

Accountability

Thanks to everyone for all the warm wishes in regards to Scooter's recovery. He has been running around like nothing has happened to him. Hopefully he'll remain happy when we go back the vet to get his stitches out in the next week or so.
Now I'd like to confess something. I bought more yarn. Again.
A couple weeks ago right after Knit/Crochet blog week finished, Pumpkin Spins said I ought to treat myself to some yarn. I had to admit to her that I already had. But if you saw Tosh Sock in the Plaid Blanket colorway, could you leave it behind? I even checked ravelry to see how it knit up. It doesn't pool in socks. No pooling. None.

Then when I walked into work, we had a shipment of Handmaiden in the Casbah base ( merino/cashmere/nylon - machine washable!) laying on the back table. I usually don't buy red yarn. But this was pretty. And shiny. And other people said that they would buy it if I didn't. I didn't realize I could become territorial over a skein. I think I'll make a pair of Smaug Socks out of it.

Whew. I feel much better getting that off of my chest. This blog is almost like an accountability partner. No more yarn. I swear. Not for.... at least a week.

8 comments :

Pumpkin said...

Hey, no judgement here! That skein needed a loving home, you did the right thing ; )
Amazing photos as always!

Cindy said...

One of the pitfalls in working at a yarn store, but oh, such lovely skeins.

Dinkyflowerpots said...

(I was just about to comment on this yarn when I saw the pics of Scooter post-surgery so did that first).

This yarn is beautiful and you would have been mad to ignore it. No guilt needed. End of story! :)

B x

Carol said...

Both skeins are beautiful - did you get them at Green Planet?

José said...

I think any excuse would be good enough to get that red skein... ;-) ( I love red.. )

AC said...

Yay for Scooter! I don't think I could have resisted that first yarn either.

Anonymous said...

hehe. Unless you become like a person I heard of you who died with a house full (literally) of wool, I don't think there is such a thing as too much yarn. Those skeins are gorgeous!

Maryse said...

Your red yarn is to die for! I can understand that you wanted it before someone else did! The Smaug Socks would be beautiful knitted with it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...