Saturday, May 19, 2012

Scooter's Pink Shirt

First things first. Scooter's tumor tested as benign. What a relief. It's still good it was removed, but it's nice to know that he is cancer free.
On the last Scooter post I wrote about the pink shirt we've put on him at night to keep him from itching his wound. Scooter normally hates wearing anything. Putting a dog sweater on Scooter will result in dirty looks and pacing. He won't stop pacing and giving the stink-eye until you remove the offending garment. I think it's partly because he is intelligent enough to know he looks stupid and partly because it makes his fur feel funny. But, for some inexplicable reason, he is enthusiastic about the pink shirt. He will run over when you hold the pink shirt and push his head through the head-hole.

Current theories for his change-of-heart in regards to clothing is that the shirt smells like me. (It was a favorite of mine when I was little) Or it makes his shaved spot feel good. He did have a mean case of razor burn, so maybe the shirt protected it a bit. We really don't know. Feel free to share your own theories as to why Scooter loves (and I do mean loves) his pink shirt. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do once the wound has healed.

10 comments :

Maryse said...

It's good news that he is going to be all right! I have no idea about the shirt ;-) He's too cute!

Pumpkin said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is all right and cute little Scooter is recovering! Love his little outfit!

HK said...

Yay for Scooter! Growths are pretty common in dogs, especially when they get older. I remember our old lab had several of them and dressing her in our old shirts to keep her from licking her stitches.

Scooter looks pretty snazzy in pink!

Cindy said...

Happy to hear the tumor was benign. Our little Amy liked wearing t-shirts after we made a fuss over her. I think she like being like her people.

Anonymous said...

Animals have a funny way of knowing what's good for them. That's the only explanation I can think of! I'm glad he's got the all-clear. What a relief!

Sue said...

Scooter is just adorable in his pink shirt. Thank goodness he is cancer free. Maybe he just likes wearing t-shirts like you do and thinks maybe he is perhaps a human now, lol!

Jennifer said...

That's so adorable that he loves his pink shirt. He looks very handsome in it!

José said...

Good to hear Scooter's okay !
Guess he likes the pink shirt as he knows it makes him look the cutie of the block ;-)

Dinkyflowerpots said...

I'm so pleased to hear this! :) I bet you are extremely relieved!

Syd is not fond of extra clothing (other than sleeping on it or stealing it from the washing pile) but I think that your t-shirt is light and soft enough to be tolerable for Scooter, plus he obviously feels the need for a bit of comfort at the moment. Pink is definitely his colour!

B x

Andi G said...

I love Scooter posts!
Not sure why he likes the pink shirt now, all I know is it looks adorable on him. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...