Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Un-Vacation

The yarn for Giant Super Secret Knitting version 2 showed up yesterday. And after having a major freak out about finishing things, it became apparent that the only way to solve a multitude of problems was to cancel every commitment I have made. Including the fun ones. Luckily most everyone was ok with it. Anyways, this is my long-winded way of saying that I am giving myself permission not to post anything on my blog for a month. In fact, the only things I am giving myself permission to do is 1. Go to work, 2. Work on the Giant Super Secret Knitting, 3. Work on camp stuff, and 4. Cuddle with Scooter. Everything else has been canceled due to sanity reasons.
The view from my window a few nights ago

By my calculations, the secret knitting/pattern writing, which has a hard deadline, is going to take over 100 hours to finish. I'm also in charge of creating crafts for: 2 weeks x 90 campers each week x 5 days of crafts each week. Although I only need to prep for around 25 campers a day since crafts is during free time and the pool is open. Lots of kids like the pool. All these things have to be done in about a month.
This isn't to say I might not pop on if I have something to share, but I thought I'd let you guys all know not to worry if you don't hear from me for a bit. I'm having an un-vacation.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything!!! I'll look forward to seeing you back again when you've accomplished your goals! It will be exciting to see your finished patterns!

Jennifer said...

Good luck! I hope you enjoy the process during your un-vacation!

Pumpkin said...

Im so jealous of your ability to make yourself let go of all of that stress. I cannot let things go ever, even when they are stressing me out too much. I think that this will be a good experience for you. I'll miss reading about you adventures for a little while, but I'm excited to see what you do once you recharge a bit. Good luck!!!!!

José said...

Good luck with all your projects ! Don't be too hard on yourself in cutting the fun though.. a girl does nedd to relax every now and again.. ;-)

Maryse said...

I can see you have been planning things out! Way to go and looking forward to your next post!

Alina Sayre said...

Good girl, Audry--making the self-employed lifestyle work for you. Call me if you want help with those camp crafts :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's an awful lot of work! Good luck and have fun getting it done!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...