Friday, March 29, 2013

Horses Are Worse Than Bears

Wednesday was an adventure. I was able to cross off another photo shoot for The Book, but Mum, Alina, and I worked for it. I was able to get permission to take pictures in a field of horses. Last time I was in the field, it took five minutes to find the dozen and half horses. This time.... well, we found some other things before we found the horses, including a wood rat nest.

A half hour later Alina spotted them in the field we had passed previously. Apparently we all moved at about the same rate around the trees. It was a relief to find them. I thought they would continue grazing, but three of them decided to be a welcoming committee. Mum called them worse than bears because they had to taste EVERYTHING. I now have horse spit on my camera bag.
Photo courtesy of Mum

They didn't let up in their curiosity, so I parked the golf cart in front of all our stuff. Once we took the good stuff away, they decided to leave.

Photo courtesy of Mum


It took us over two hours of just picture taking, but I was able to get every picture that I had envisioned taking. All in all it was a great success.
Photo courtesy of Mum


I took some fun pictures too. 

I can't wait to have this book done so I can show you all the final photos. Only three more shoots to go!

7 comments :

Alina Sayre said...

Fun times! We sure outsmarted those golf-cart-eating horses...mostly :P

WildflowerWool said...

Can't wait. Love the pictures with the horses!

Pumpkin said...

Getting closer! I found these photos very amusing, it is like a behind the scenes for the book. Also I must know why/how you got a golf cart in a horse pasture?

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That photo of Alina and the horses is magical. Even though the horses made a nuisance of themselves, wasn't it great to be able to interact with such majestic beasts!? I miss the farm...

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I cannot wait to see what's in those top-secret boxes!

Unknown said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see.

DKnits said...

Can't wait to see! I love the last picture!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...