Monday, March 25, 2013

Arbutus

I finished my Arbutus a few days ago and decided that even though I love the yarn, the colors don't look as good on me. So I have given it to Mum. She didn't want to model it. 

I don't like modeling either. But I wanted it modeled...

It was a relaxing knit. I did read that other people had trouble with holes by their short rows. I usually am fine, but encountered the same issue on half of my wrap and turns. I fixed it by picking up and twisting two extra stitches by the offending wrap and turn and then doing a k2tog twice. It worked perfectly.

Scooter was particularly energetic today. I moment I sat on the bench, he launched himself onto me. He got his usual two walks and an additional run. Running him involves two of us holding treats at opposite ends of the yard. We call him and he runs from person to person until there are no more treats. He usually tears around the yard a bit more before going inside for water and a nap. It worked like a charm.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you modelled it. I don't like the look of it on its own, but on a person it looks great! Yours is very nice, even if you don't like the colour. Feeling very envious of you wearing a warm, knitted cardigan. I wish it would cool down here. :-(

AC said...

Aww Scooter. I really like the drape of it, and agreed on it looking way better being modeled than not.

Pumpkin said...

The expression on your face in that first photo is priceless, thats how I feel when my mother wants to take photos of me during trips. The colors are super pretty, at least I think they are. That is definitely a great pattern for special handspun.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is gorgeous! I love the colours in that yarn (is it a handspun?).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...