Saturday, March 9, 2013

Belated Birthday

Nearly a month ago it was my birthday. Every year, on my birthday, I get sick. I'm not one to break tradition, so this year I had a fever. It was a bit of a bummer because it was also suppose to be my last day at work. Who calls in on their last day of work and is actually sick? Me. That's who. It meant that I missed out on a birthday surprise from a coworker. I visited yesterday and was surprised to be presented with a skein of Three Irish Girls' Glenhaven Cashmerino in the Liam colorway. Thanks Michele!

I did have a surprise package show up on the day of my birthday. Even in my fever induced haze, I still called my Dad over to "see what I got." Kiwipurler sent two skeins of Knitsch fingering weight merino wool in the colorway Tennant. Any Whovians out there? You'll know why I was waving the skeins about. She also sent some of her lovely stitch markers. It was a true treat. (I don't know how she knew I was on the hunt for a pair of sock's worth of fingering weight TARDIS colored yarn, but there you have it.)

My aunt sent me a cute basket. Inside I found.... three skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in the Plena colorway. I'm sensing a theme this year....

I had actually ordered myself to two birthday presents the month before so they would show up in time. This is a project bag by ModularModular. I actually talked to her through ravelry to get the bag, but she will have her shop stocked soon. It is fully lined, has pockets inside, and will house the southern companion to Celestarium. I'm impressed with the craftmanship in this piece. 

I also preordered a James Bond themed mystery skein from Canon Hand Dyes in the Lewis base. It is a self striping yarn. The main skein is suppose to be like a three piece suit and the red heel/toe skein is suppose to be the red rose. I love that it came with a martini and olive themed stitch markers.

So all in all, my birthday was pretty good. I slept through most of it, but I'm fine with that. Scooter sat with me most of the day and kept guard. By the evening, my fever broke and I was able to eat my birthday dinner. It's probably good birthdays only come around once a year because it is going to take me that long to knit up all my new wooly friends.

6 comments :

Pumpkin said...

Just look at all of those birthday surprises! All of that yarn is drool-worthy, you lucky girl! I am very excited to see what you end up making with each of them. I'm hoping you are feeling much, much better now, I'm so sorry to hear you were so sick on your birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you were unwell. I'm even gladder I sent you something now. It's always nice to get treats to help you feel better. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday Audry! I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but yay to being better and having gifts to celebrate that with :)

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you are feeling better and that you got some lovely gifts.

DKnits said...

Happy belated birthday Audry! You are such a lucky girl! Look at all these skeins. wow!
Hope you feel better :)

Maryse said...

I'll say that too: pretty good birthday! Happy belated birthday to you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...