Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cheating - But Only A Little Bit

It's time for a confession. I've been cheating on design #9. But only a little bit. And only when I couldn't bring design #9 with me. I've been knitting another pair of Velomeisters. This time I thought I'd do a duplicate stitch instead of stranding. I also have had to shorten the sock by 10 rounds in the cuff because I am cutting it so close with the main color. 
It turns out photographing neon colors is a bit tough. The color combination blinds people and cameras alike.

But I promise that I am working diligently on the book. I even knit over 3000 stitches today for it, which is the upper end of what my hands can handle. But once design #9 is done, I will have another pair of Velomeisters to call my own.

6 comments :

Pumpkin said...

I'm so glad you are still chugging along, you can do it! But sometimes you need a bit of a break too, a nice easy pair of socks is perfect for keeping your energy up!

Anonymous said...

Wow...3000??? That's a bit too much for my hands to take!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! And fall is coming, so a new pair of socks is incredibly necessary.

Jennifer said...

I love your velomeister socks! And WOW, 3000 stitches in one day! I think my hands would fall off.

Anonymous said...

I'm a great believer in small breaks. They look like great socks! Cool colour scheme!

Maryse said...

Never thought about counting the number of stitches I knit during a day... Interesting... ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...