Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tardis Yarn

I'd been waiting to see if we would get Spud & Chloe Fine Sock in color 7809 again. I've seen the color way is listed as Navy and Snorkle in two different places. But really it should be called Tardis, because it matches the Tardis just right. Well, it came in and I made a little deal with myself. If I finished the second sleeve of my Oma's cardi, then I could buy two skeins. (The last pair of Tardis socks I made fit my Dad due to my lack of understanding with sock fitting. My knowledge is much improved now.)  And I did it! I finished the second sleeve within my self imposed deadline.

Then I did the unthinkable. I resisted buying the yarn. At least I did for three more days. I covered a shift today and left without the yarn. Actually, I was going to buy it, but I forgot. As I walked back to the car, I remembered and kicked myself. I figured it was meant not to be. At least it wasn't until I reached the car and I realized that I left my water bottle at the shop.

It was meant to be. Does anyone else make little deals with themselves? It doesn't have to be yarn related.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the title of your post, I thought you meant a skein of yarn that hat a lot more yardage than you thought it did... But that's only because my friends recently dubbed the trunk to my car the 'tardis trunk' after we were able to fit a 37" TV, 4 toaster ovens, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff in it (we were shopping for stuff for our dorm).

Anonymous said...

I make deals with myself all the time about knitting/crocheting related purchases because if I didn't, I would indulge every time and be flat broke! That whole eating thing really cramps my knitting style sometimes haha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...