Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Burnout

Moments ago I published a rather whiney blog post about feeling a little burnt out on knitting. After laying on my bed for a few minutes moping, I realized that it is pretty cool that there are people who would like me to knit for them. One of those knitted items is the Boromir sock test knit I did for my co-worker. It is a beautiful socks and the sizing is accurate. Unfortunately my foot is a bit long, so I need to rip a bit out so I can add an extra repeat of the pattern. I didn't realize that the toe was a little short for me until I was nearly done, so I thought I'd just finish the sock up for the test.
Boromir Sock

I have decided to let this sock sit for a little while before I rip. And hopefully I'll stop being mopey soon. There's a been some stressors in my life and I'm embarrassed to admit that I've fallen to pieces. But after getting a wonderful e-mail from kiwipurler, I'm feeling a lot better. And hopefully everything that's been stressing me out gets straightened out soon. (Or at least stops making me cry. This puffy eye thing is getting a little old.)

6 comments :

Andi G said...

Ah love, I hope your puffy eye causing issues end soon. If you need anything. Don't ever be embarassed to admit falling to pieces. We all have and we all will again. It is your party-mop all your want, sometimes we need to.
I really hope the stresser go away and fast.
BTW- those socks are beautiful!

Andi G said...

of course I meant mope instead of mop. But if you like to mop, then do that too! :)

A Lost Feather said...

i hate stress and i am not good at dealing with it. i usually go to sleep or eat way too much bad food. especially if the stress is in the form of an overwhelming amount of work to do. stress is stressful and lame.

your socks, on the other hand, are super cute and i can't imagine being able to make them myself. so awesomeeeee.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Audry! I'm so glad my email made your day a bit better. You'll be pleased to know a wee package is winging its way to you as I type.

I think you're doing fabulously. Don't worry about the stress thing. It will pass.

And as everyone else says, that sock is gorgeous! xxxx

Paty G said...

Audry, You are precious...stress IS a part of life, but too much of it can make us feel yucky. Let it drive you towards Jesus...up, not down, like the natural flow of a river...
Blessings for a peace-full, joy-full Wednesday!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling stressed and burned out. I think that can particularly be the case around the holidays, but anytime that I feel that I am working on too much that has a deadline tends to make me really crazy. I hope you feel better soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...