Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Yarn

I have officially finished spinning my first ever skein. Gnome Running Through Yosemite has been conquered.

Plying it was a bit more fun than spinning the singles, but I'm so happy with the finished product. Not bad for a first try on a CD spindle.

Bits of it are over spun, bits of it are under spun. It is roughly 18 yards, But I can't believe I went from fiber to yarn. I'm not sure if I should use it or not. It seems to be structurally sound. But 18 yards isn't very much. Maybe I'll just have it displayed somewhere. Either that or a headband.

And now for the Scooter report. Since I bought a new couch from the thrift store, Scooter has decided that his spot is by the window on the large couch pillow. It is a little sad not seeing him at the front window (his previous spot) when I come home. At least he's happy.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...