Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Sock Hop

So I managed to finish my Vintage Christmas socks in time for Christmas Eve. (I wore my Smaug socks on Christmas day when we all went out to see the second Hobbit movie.) I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Although I managed to get a pink blotch on them on the first washing because they touched the Smaug socks. Mum says it doesn't look that bad. I think I was more upset because they were fresh off the needles. I also think that I will start washing the Smaugs by themselves. They had been doing great and not leaking dye for many hand washings. Then I threw them in the machine (because they are superwash) and promptly dyed my grey underwear into a delightful hue of pink. They've been unpredictable since then. At least the socks haven't gotten dull with the loss of dye.

But back to the Vintage Christmas socks. Scooter insisted in helping out again during the photoshoot. Recently he has insisted in being in all the frames during photoshoots. I think that he doesn't like it when he isn't the center of attention.
Pay attention to me human

In the background of the photos, you can see that my brother got me a gift this year. The real surprise was that he managed to spell my name correctly this year. We don't really do gifts, but in 2011 he got me one... and spelled my name wrong. He did a better wrapping job that you see in the picture, but since he got me a game that we both wanted to play, we unwrapped it before Christmas, played, then he rewrapped it.

In other knitting news, I've cast on a new pair of socks. It's another pair of Vanilla socks in Canon Hand Dyes color Days Of Wine And Roses. I thought it would be nice to get a pair done for Valentines Day. I've been addicted to making Vanilla socks. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm not one to stop a knitting streak.

What has everyone been working on now that the holiday knitting is over. (Or are you guys still trying to finish holiday knitting?)

5 comments :

Kelley said...

Is that mint under your socks? 😉

I am still enjoying the Groovy Sock pattern for my "Vanilla" socks.

Maryse said...

The Days of Wine and Roses yarn is gorgeous! Such a rich mix! I'm knitting baby knits! Now, I'm looking to find what is going to be my Ravellenics project :) Enjoy the Holidays!

savannahchik said...

i love your Christmas socks - go you for getting them done in time! and those V day socks are going to be awesome. look at you rocking all the socks

Anonymous said...

Plain vanilla socks are great. I find them the perfect de-stress or mindless knit. Well, you know what I'll be up to (actually, I'm finding it very hard not to start on my first pair for 2014, but I figure that might be cheating...). I did allow myself to wind up that lovely Hand Maiden today though. Very nice yarn!! Thanks again! Love the Days of Wine and Roses. My bet is you'll be done long before V day.

Alicia said...

I'm totally digging your stripey socks! Did you do a normal flap and gusset, just using a different color for the flap, to keep the gusset nice and stripey?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...