Saturday, October 15, 2011

Well Read (1)

I wanted to share some of my favorite knitting blogs as of late... in alphabetical order.

First up is AC Engineered Knits. Her writing style keeps me in stitches. (Haha. Stitches. I wrote that before I realized how funny that is) Everything from knitting tragedies to "The Sweater That Is Probably Going To Look Like A Bag" Sometimes, late at night, you can hear me giggling in my room. 9 times out of 10, it's because I think about the bag sweater. Also, you can't beat someone who will "stand close to you so you seem cool by association" I hope that one day I will be cool by association.

AC Engineered Knits:
Blog
Bloglovin
Pattern Design

Next up is Fernknits. Jennifer knits and bikes! And she posts about both. I am certain that if we lived in the same town, we'd be biking and knitting buddies. (Maybe even beer buddies) Alas, I live in a different state. Her adventures remind me not to give up on my own. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be convinced that mountain biking isn't so scary. She also had one of her designs show up in the knitpicks catalogue. I was simultaneously happy for her and a wee bit jealous. She's got several gorgeous designs in the works, so keep an eye out for them.

Fernknits:
Blog
Bloglovin
Pattern Design


Andi of My Sister's Knitter has always got something on her needles. And more often than not, they are socks. I love seeing all her wonderful yarn and pattern selections. And the speed with which she knits. I'm sure that every time she sneezes, a pair of socks fall off her needles. Also, she regularly shares an lovely song. Little gems that I wouldn't have necessarily come across, but really should listen to. She's lovely to chat with to boot.

My Sister's Knitter:
Blog
Bloglovin

Last, but certainly not least is Andi of Untangling Knots. Andi has been posting a bunch of button hole, CO, BO reviews. And even though I was bad and didn't post any comments on them, I have thoroughly loved reading each entry. She also has some wonderful designs. In the picture below is Agatha. Not only do I love that name, but check out the clever decreases in the side of the sweater. I want to make the sweater simply because I'm in love with the way she chose to do the decreases. (And the sweater is attractive as well) I'm going to go ahead and admit that initially I was nervous to even leave a comment on her blog because her designs are so pretty, but Andi is a lovely person. And she has taken the time to answer various questions about tech editing and other intimidating things, in detail, which I have very much appreciated.

Untangling Knots:
Blog
Bloglovin
Pattern Design

Anyone have any fun blogs they've come across? I'd love to know about them. (Even if it is your own blog) They don't have to be knitting exclusive. 

4 comments :

Andi G said...

LOL-How did you know that when I sneeze socks come out? (Also happens when I do other things-ha)
Thank for mentioning my blog! Mostly thank you for sharing the other bloggers. I was cracking up reading AC Engineer knits. Now I'm off to explore the others.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the write up; I am very flattered! And one of these days, maybe we will have the opportunity to ride bikes!!!

Anonymous said...

Great reads. I only knew about Untangling Knots Andi before. More blogs to read, wheeee :D

Anonymous said...

Hellooo!

I came over from Andi (My Sister's Knitter). Great blog! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...