Saturday, January 14, 2012

Favoriting Oma

I was reading a bunch of blogs where the bloggers talked about how they have made so many friends while blogging. I started wondering where my blog friends where when it hit me: I am a big fat idiot. I have a bunch of blog friends who I care about and converse with on a fairly regular basis. But the actual friendships have crept up on me. I didn't even realize that I had made friends while blogging. Isn't that dumb? The ah-ha moment came when this package appeared at my door.

I am a big fan of Stansborough and kiwipurler was kind enough to take the time and effort to send me some samples. I felt so loved and appreciated when I opened up that package. I'll be hoarding the skeins until I can come up with a good design for them.

I just wanted to thank everyone who does chat with me! I appreciate all the kind words. And I love reading all your blogs too. I wish I could think of a better way to express my thanks. (Feel free to leave me suggestions.)

On a slightly separate note, the pictures of the Gnarled Oak Cardigan has gotten quite a bit of attention on my blog and ravelry ever since I added the pictures of my Oma wearing it. I wasn't expecting that at all. My favorite comment so far is this one.

4 comments :

Jennifer said...

It was a beautiful cardigan! And congrats on the samples, that is so nice!

Maryse said...

I so liked that post about your Oma! I think we all fell the love ;-) As for "blog friends", I think it is very special. Sometimes, I find I don't give enough feedback, but recently I've received some awesome gifts from 2 of them and I was truly touched too! So amazing!

Andi G said...

You have shown your thanks by featuring our blogs and visiting us. Not to mention sharing with us! Especially your Oma, I agree that I would like to favorite her and maybe hug her! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Andi. By being a friend you have become a friend. The small gift was merely a token of my appreciation. I'm glad I could help you get some Mythral for yourself!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...