Thursday, August 19, 2010

Applesauce Adventure

I am not a good cook. Seriously. When I offered to make Ramen, my housemates asked, "Do you need help." They weren't kidding.
Marcail, my coworker at the wool mill, offered to teach me how to make applesauce with the alluring promise of, "It's easy." We started out by picking some apples off of a tree at work.

I'm allergic to uncooked apples, especially the skins. So, we peeled the apples. You can leave the skins on if you like.

Cut the apples into quarters and put them in a pot. Add water. Just enough so the apples can boil in it. Turn on stove, put on lid, let apples boil, go play video games.

Rush into kitchen as soon as it smells like the apples are burning. Look into getting a louder alarm. If your apples have not completely disintegrated, mash them.

Add some sugar and cinnamon to taste.

Tada! Applesauce.

Do not give the dog any, even if he looks extra cute. It will probably give him a tummy ache.

1 comments :

Marcail said...

hahaha, warning, do not follow these directions precisely. The goal is not to burn them!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...