Sunday, April 25, 2010

Daedalus Begins Working

I finished blocking my very first shawl attempts yesterday. It went pretty well.

And by pretty well, I mean that I closed the door to the room where the shawls were drying and told everyone not to leave the door open. After being satisfied by everyone's promises, I left the house for an hour. Upon coming back I found said door open and the shipwreck shawl no longer pinned to the futon. The door was closed to keep a certain somebody out of the room and off of the shawls.

I, of course, was not upset with the dog. I already knew that given the chance he would lay all over the shawls and pull up all the pins. I was more upset with a certain tall and funny-looking housemate who promised not to leave the door open. Liar liar pants on fire. Luckily all was well in the end. The shawls were re pinned.

They dried without anymore incidents. (Of course that was because I locked the door and gave a fair number of dirty looks)

Later on I started a new shawl. The Icarus Shawl. Brennan has taken to calling me Daedalus.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...