Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Celestarium

Remember way back in May when I was taking an un-vacation to work on Giant Super Secret knitting. Well, the proverbial cat is out of the bag. I have a pattern in the Winter 2012 Twist Collective! It's name is Celestarium and it is pleased to meet you. 
 
I had secretly hoped Jane Heller would photograph this. She did. I can die happy.

Celestarium is a pi shawl that is an accurate view of the night sky from the North Pole. The center eyelet/ bead combination represents Polaris. It took me a year and a half to develop. And I was nuts enough to knit two of them. One to see if it was possible and a second for the publication.

I plan to talk more in depth how this even came to be, but it is rather late in my bit of the world and I have work in the morning. (Let's see if I can even get to sleep. This is just so terribly exciting.)

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether to say 'Congratulations!' or 'Are you insane???'

I think both! What a cool idea :)

Jennifer said...

WOW! Congratulations!!! That is so awesome to be published in Twist!

elisesophie said...

Wow, this looks amazing!

Pumpkin said...

WOAH! Wait...WOAH! That is just gorgeous, I have no idea how you were able to keep it a secret until publishing. I am so excited about this! I definitely want to hear more about it!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is so great!! I am very, very pleased for you. Congratulations!!! I saw that shawl in Twist, and I have to say, I thought "what a mad and talented knitter to develop that" and didn't even notice that it was you... Awesome.

Andi G said...

Oh Audry...you know I am absolutely over the moon about this! You amaze me constantly with your endless talent.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness how beautiful! it's my first time stopping by your blog, but I just had to comment and tell you how amazed I am! I have never before felt the urge to knit a circular shawl, but this has me itching to try.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...