Friday, November 2, 2012

The Swatch Was Right

New yarn! I ordered two skeins of Brooklyn Tweed's Shelter to test out for the final book pattern. I'm a little undecided on the color, so I got a skein of the final two contenders. On the left is "Button Jar", and on the right is "Tent". Even though I would personally select Button Jar for my own sweater, I'm leaning a bit more towards Tent for the book. I think swatching might help me decide. Although if anyone has an opinion on what color sweater a woodsman living in medieval England who enjoys stealing from the rich and giving to the poor might wear, I'd love to hear. Keep in mind that there will be cabling going on.

I also treated myself to a color card from Brooklyn Tweed. I kind of want a skein in each color now...

On the sock front, after making my swatch and completely ignoring it, I knit 3 inches of a sock that I then got to rip out. The swatch was very accurate and the sock was exactly too big by the amount the swatch said it would be. We won't talk about the second false start I had on the sock. So now I'm on try number three. The Smaug pattern is great. I'm just stubbornly stupid sometimes. 

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like Button Jar and Tent both, but like you would choose Button Jar for myself. The sock yarn is gorgeous. Good luck getting it on gauge!

Anonymous said...

The Tent color does look a little more camouflage-y, which I feel like a medieval woodsman/thief would really appreciate ;)

Andi G said...

I love the Tent color. It reminds me of the moss that grows on the walls of castles.
The socks look wonderful!

Cindy said...

I would choose Button Jar for myself like you, but think Tent is more suitable for your criteria. Love the socks, too.

elisesophie said...

I'd go for the 'Tent' one for the medieval woodsman, it is a more wood-y colour! Looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else says. :-) That Loft is super gorgeous.

Pumpkin said...

Final Book pattern?! Woo hoo! I'm definitely a fan of Tent, but then I love most of your color choices. Sometimes patterns take a little extra love, hopefully the third time is the charm.

Jennifer said...

I like Button Jar, but I suppose it depends what the pattern is for. I've never worked with Loft, but I hear it's lovely.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...