Friday, November 9, 2012

Petit Four Poisoning

The good news is that I ate steak yesterday, which means (to me at least) my wisdom tooth recovery is complete. Unfortunately, the victory was short lived as Mum offered me petit fours right after dinner that, unbeknownst to us, had almond flour. I am allergic to tree nuts. I ate 2 1/2 cakes. After 2 hours of deep unhappiness and one round of scrabble, I felt better less bad. At that point I decided that I was going to cast on a fun project because, heck, I deserved it. I'm pretty excited about this knit. The yarn is Knitwhits Freia Ombre Worsted in the Denim colorway. It is becoming a hat called Renfrew from the new Jane Richmond book, Island. I rarely knit hats that I'm not designing myself, but I must have this hat.
I knit faster than I blog as I'm 13 rounds from finishing the hat.

I also finally ripped out my Sound Of Waves stole. Although I took a few pictures before doing so. I had said that I would rip it once I had come up with a replacement project. It's looking like this yarn will become a Rock Island shawl instead.

And with that ripping, I have no more UFOs on the needles. Other than a few designs that need finishing work done, all my projects are active. I don't even have a project on time out! Let's take a moment to savor this moment, because it is unlikely to last a long time. And if you are mired in long lines of UFOs, feel free to live vicariously through me.

8 comments :

Britney said...

Sorry to hear about your encounter with those tree nuts. :[ it's always miserable to have that sort of stuff in your system.

it's also pretty nice to be free of lingering ufos, i wish i could say that about my wips, there's this one project that won't be called done for a very long time. :\

Anonymous said...

Such an achievement! Good luck with the hat- it really is a pretty pattern, plus that yarn looks scrumptious.

Anonymous said...

Love the gorgeous purple yarn! So glad you are back to eating steak {I think ~ I am a vegetarian ~ Ha!}But happy your mouth is all better :) Awful about the allergic reaction though :(

plektou said...

"I knit faster than I blog as I'm 13 rounds from finishing the hat."

that really made me laugh! i get the exact same feeling! :)

your yarn looks totally heavenly! i am jealous! XD

Pumpkin said...

You play with my emotions, first I was so happy that you reached your goal of steak! Then you get sick again, you need to not be sick for a while. At least you had a restorative game of Scrabble! I really really love the blue yarn, it has such a sheen to it!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your jaw is properly healed now. The allergic reaction wasn't great though. Those new projects look very nice. Looking forward to seeing the FO pics!

Andi G said...

I will be living through you. Can't wait to see that Rock Island, it will be beautiful in that color.
Sorry to hear about the poisoning. :)

Unknown said...

NO UFO'S?!?! I don't think I'll ever have that.

That hat pattern is great and I LOVE my Rock Island, wear it all the time. Can't wait to see yours!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...