Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yarn Equilibrium

There must be some rule in the universe that dictates the specific equilibrium of yarn to space that must be maintained in my room. Because just the other day I was able to use up two skeins and on exactly the same day I bought two more. I'd like to note that I hadn't even planned on going to the yarn shop. It just sort of happened. I also didn't know the color of Ella Rae lace merino I wanted had come in. Color 131 if you are curious. I didn't know that only one of those skeins would be the perfect balance of orange to yellow I was hoping for and that the person who had knit a pair of socks with that color, a pair of socks I greatly admired, would be in and verify that this particular skein matched her's very closely.

I might have known that the monthly Tosh order was suppose to come in. But I still hadn't planned to go to the shop. It was only after they called me about a work related thing, and I verified that the Tosh really had come in, that my fate was sealed. That and the car was free. The universe had aligned everything so that two skeins of yarn would come home with me. That other skein is Tosh sock in the color Gilded. (Funny how one of the skeins used had been Tosh. I guess the universe has also dictated the amount of Tosh that must remain in my stash.)

How am I justifying this purchase? By saying that I have a plan for both skeins. And that I am certain the universe would have exploded, taking us all with it, had I not bought the skeins. Yarn equilibrium has been maintained in my room. Your welcome.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

LOL! You had me giggling all through that post. I know those sentiments well. And the yarn, by the way, is absolutely beautiful!! Of course it had to come home with you. It would have been a crime to leave it on the shelf.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful yarn! I keep trying to upset the equilibrium of yarn - to - space, but my efforts always fail and I procure more yarn just as I seem to have made a dent in the stash.

Anonymous said...

thank you for saving the universe. I like to think of it as restoring balance to the Force.

Maryse said...

Hourra for balance! ;-)

Pumpkin said...

When the yarn calls to you, you must go. Who are you to ignore it? Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to resist either of those either. What are they destined to be?

AC said...

Well, if the fate of the universe was in question, why risk it?

Mademoiselle Marie said...

What a gorgeous yarn, I wouldn't have been able to leave it behind in a yarn store either! Sometimes you're just drawn to a particular skein of yarn. Do you have a particular project in your mind for these beauties?

Floridagirl said...

Thank you for aligning the universe. I was feeling a little off kilter and now I know why. Whew. (LOVE the color!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...