Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Rebellious Mushroom Hunter

I started the Swedish Fish socks using some of Cathy's stash. Already I have knit this sock up to the heel, ripped it out back to the cuff, and started it again. The fit wasn't quite right, but the ripping was worth it. I'm going to have a really cute sock.
Tosh Sock in Baltic and Warm Maize

In a burst of energy, I also finished off two pairs of socks. First pair are the Woodpile Socks using my skein of Spun Right Round in the Bug Jar color way.

The second pair are the Vanilla Latte socks in Stray Cat Socks' Blue Moon color way. This is the second time I've knit a pair of socks in this color.

After finishing the last two pairs of socks, but still making ripping decisions about the Swedish Fish, I started a new sock. I'm still deciding what pattern it will grow up to be. I was so desperate for a sock to knit that I just cast on 64 stitches and worked a 2x2 rib cuff. I figure I can find a pattern to match.
Dragonfly Fibers in the Mushroom Hunting color way

Has anyone else cast on with wild abandon? I've never cast on without a plan before and I feel like a rebel.

2 comments :

Bethany said...

Audry - what a prolific sock moment you're having! Again, I love your Woodpiles. The goldfish are super cute too, I've not seen that pattern before. :D

my sisters knitter said...

Personally I don't call it wild abandon...I just call it casting on, as that is always how I start projects.;)
It is fun being a rebel sometimes, right?
Your Woodpile socks are gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...