Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Mojo Returneth

And the winner is... Onopordum. I agonized over the color possibilities. I knew that I wanted my thistles to have purple flowers and light green leaves. But what to put around it all?

Searching every website imaginable to find a skein of Anzula Squishy in a grey that would match the black I had was a Sisyphean task. Things were too brown or too dark to have good contrast. I eventually determined that I wanted Onyx in Squishy. I also wanted to cast on immediately. So I did what I should have done to begin with: I dug into my stash. And I emerged with Baah! La Jolla in Grape Vine, Anzula Squishy in both Boysenberry and Spruce, and some leftover, now discontinued Miss Babs Windsor Sock in Vergris.

I'm pretty sure I love it. There is good contrast. The thistles look just the way I want. But I keep wondering if the dark green is a good choice. Does it have too much contrast? Or do I just need to knit more?

Of course it is completely unreasonable to have only 1 thing on the needles, especially a rather complicated color work sock. (I've just recently completed my Seadragonus socks and my Skews. Pictures to blogged in a bit.) So I cast on a second thing! This is the beginning of Drogue by Tygerknits. 

I knew that my knitting mojo had waned for quite some time, but I didn't realize how much until I started Drogue. I've regained that knitting compulsion. That feeling where you spend parts of your day dreaming about sitting down and knitting a specific pattern. That is Drogue for me.

5 comments :

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your returned mojo! Drogue is beautiful and I love the Onopordum. I think the darker green has good-enough contrast as more contrast might overwhelm the thistle - - I think thistle should be the focus.

Anonymous said...

I think your Thistle socks are fantastic! Don't you dare frog it!! Looking forward to seeing your projects as they progress. :-)

Alina Sayre said...

Beautiful! I like the thistles :) So Scottish!

Anonymous said...

That is the best feeling.

I love the colours you chose for your socks! I feel like the dark green is just right: enough contrast to to be visible, but still subtle enough to make the thistles the star.

Alicia said...

Yay mojo! I love every color in this post. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...