Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dinosaurs Underfoot

On Thursday, Amanda and I met up in Wellington, had lunch, and headed over to the Te Papa museum to see the dinosaur exhibit. 

The first thing I learned was that Tyrannosaurs is the family name for many, many different dinosaurs. "Rex" just happens to be part of the family. I think the small ones were just as scary as the big ones.

Don't get me wrong. I also wouldn't want to be eaten by a big one.

I'd always wanted to see real dinosaur bones in person. Finally can cross that off of the bucket list. These bones were on loan.

The biggest skeleton towered above me. I started to get a better sense of why I'd never want to visit Jurassic Park.

There were all sorts of neat displays. At first I just admired how well the bones silhouetted on the wall.

But every once in awhile the shadow would move and do something silly, like fart or pretend to do shadow puppets. Whoever thought of that was quite clever.

As Amanda and I left, we learned that New Zealand is actually overrun by dinosaurs. Stay long enough and you'll find them underfoot.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...