Sunday, May 18, 2014

Looking Back, Looking Forward - 5KCBWDAY7

Today is the last day of knit/crochet blog week. Here's the prompt: If you took part in last year’s Knitting & Crochet Blog Week, look back on your Day Seven post. Did any of the techniques, ideas and hopes for the last 12 months that you wrote about at that time ever make it onto the hook or needles? 
And there is also time to look forward again: One year from now, when the 6th Knitting & Crochet Blog Week rolls around, where do you hope your crafting will have taken you to? What new skills, projects and experiences do you hope you might have conquered or tried? Do you have any wishes for your blogging that you’d like to follow?

Last year I talked about wishing I felt more confident with grading capped sleeves. Since then I've taken a drafting/sewing class on making sleeve caps. I also am knitting a Pomme de Pin, which has set in sleeves. I know that I wouldn't be very fast at it, but I do feel like I have a better chance at making a successful pattern that has set in sleeves. I still hope to design a sweater that needs set in sleeves at some point although I have yet to think up a sweater where that sleeve style would be the best choice.
Pomme De Pin - It's getting there

As for next year, I feel like there are big changes coming, although I do not know what they are. My goal is not really knitting or blogging oriented. I just hope that I can be brave and embrace whatever comes my way.

1 comments :

Jennifer said...

I feel completely intimidated by the knitting of capped set-in sleeves. I have done a pattern that included seamless set-in sleeves and was pretty amazed when it turned out perfect. Sadly, I always fall back on the trusty raglan for my sleeves.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...