Thursday, April 10, 2014

Poppycock? Nope, They're Poppy Socks!

Sometimes it feels like I have absolutely no upcoming designs, and sometimes the exact opposite happens. At the moment, I have four designs that are in various stages of completion. This past weekend I was able to complete a photo shoot for the hat/mitt combo. I'm hoping to have them out by next week, all going well. The Police Box Sox are being tested. And now I'm knitting like a crazy person to get a pair of California Poppy themed socks done. Why, you ask? Well, it looks like unlike last year when the Antelope Valley Poppy reserve looked like a desert, this year there are poppies. I'd been toying with the idea of poppy socks for a bit, but when I realized that not only are there poppies this year, but we will be going south at just the right time, I knew that I needed to make the socks a reality.

So far I've figured out 10 ways to not make poppy socks. In fact, yesterday, I'm pretty sure I knit an entire sock's worth of stitches. Unfortunately this did not result in a complete sock. One of those half-socks in the picture below is destined to be ripped.

I'm just hoping that all this effort is worth it. Poppies are notoriously picky about weather. So even if we get to the reserve and there are poppies, they might all be closed. Of course none of that matters if I don't manage to knit a pair of socks in time. No pain, no gain... right?

4 comments :

Alicia said...

Oh but those colors are so perfect! And I am a sucker for a clever pattern name. :) Keep at it! Can't wait to see.

Jennifer said...

Ooh, poppy socks!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty colours! Knowing you they will also be very pretty socks. Good luck with it all. I'm sure it will all work out perfectly in the end. :-)

DKnits said...

Oh this color combo is fabulous!!!!! Good luck with your socks, I'm sure you'll turn these two yarn balls in something fabulous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...