Sunday, September 29, 2013

Under A Harvest Moon

The harvest moon occurred a week and a half ago. (The harvest moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox.) So Mum and I went on a hike to watch the moon rise. The lighting was amazing that evening.

I brought along my two newest FOs. Here is the Prairie Shawl. I ran out of yarn after the 5th chart. (There are 6 charts total) Luckily for me, a friend had bought the same yarn as me and she didn't need all of it for her project. So I've named the shawl "Saint Christine" in her honor.

When we got to the top of the hill, I photographed my other FO while we waited for the moon to rise. I give you Strathcona. It was for Mum's birthday this year. I was only 4 months late.
And now that this scarf is done, I have knit all of the knits out of Jane Richmond's book ISLAND.

The moon rose right as the sun set. And as always, it was magical.

5 comments :

DKnits said...

Your Prairie Shawl is absolutely gorgeous! And happy birthday to your mother! This color suits her so well. Thank you for the beautiful pictures; I was admiring the moon too.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos and knits! I just love how you've toned the grasses and the shawl together. Did you know the harvest moon is the date the Chinese celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival?

Jennifer said...

Those photos are stunning!

Unknown said...

I wish i could take photos like that! Also, I'm completely in love with that shawl.

Alicia said...

ooooh how lovely! Every time you post about that scarf I get the urge to knit it...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...