Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Revenge Cast-On

I feel like I've knit a whole bunch more than I have to show. It seems with most of my designs, I spend more time ripping than knitting. With any other knit, I don't mind adding and subtracting stitches when something doesn't come out right. But as a designer, I have to make sure the miscounts are my own fault, not a pattern issue. So after ripping out this toe several times, I decided to take revenge on it...

By casting on for two hats. (As if one wasn't enough) That will show that stupid toe who's boss.

Me. That's who.

Does anyone else out there "revenge cast-on" or "revenge start-a-new-project"? I'd love to hear about it.

6 comments :

Brianna said...

Sometimes I'll spend weeks on a project, and then it comes out like crap. In which case I do a revenge project - which ends up being something simple and gratifying :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely revenge cast on...but only as a last resort, because I know that once I switch to something else, I am way less likely to go back to the original project.

Jennifer said...

I am constantly engaging in revenge cast ons! It is to the point that right now I am switching over to sewing just to spite the knitting design.

Great looking toe, by the way. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I know what you mean. My Age of Brass & Steam was a revenge cast-on. I'm definitely feeling another brewing... Your socks look awesomely cool even if they did give you a bit of bother.

Anonymous said...

Been doing it for years! And to really make my point I CROCHET something as well too! Just to make it clear I AM IN CONTROL!!! So ~ YOU GO GIRL!
Danette

Maryse said...

I haven't committed any revenge cast on yet! Have a great weekend and show them who's the boss!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...