Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Sister's Knitter KAL/CAL

So Andi over at My Sister's Knitter has started up a KAL with the aim of finishing up projects. Even though I rarely have many WIPs (Works in progress), I thought I'd join in. At the moment, I have 4 WIPs. Starting in the top left corner and moving clockwise we have: the Prairie shawlStrathcona (an embarrassing late bday present for my Mum.), a yet to be revealed sweater design, and a simple old shale scarf.

My goal is to finish the sweater. I only have a sleeve and a bit to go. Then I'd like to finish up the Prairie shawl. Strathcona has become my car and appointment knitting, so I won't worry about finishing it too quickly. And if I wait long enough, it can become Mum's next birthday scarf.
The old shale scarf is a hard call to make. It is a variegated yarn that has been knit in a way where the colors line up. I'm a little worried that the scarf will be too short. It's pretty wide, so I'm thinking about going up 2 needle sizes to make it longer and narrower. But this means that I get to figure out how many stitches will make the colors line up.... again. I'm not too enthusiastic about do the set up again. Unfortunately, having a too-short scarf is also a poor alternative to continuing on. My goal for this one during the KAL is to make up my mind on what to do with it.

Is anyone else participating in the KAL? (It's on ravelry as well). Do you have a blog post of shame like this one? Feel free to share how many WIPs you have... if you dare.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could turn a too-short scarf into a wearable cowl? That would save you having to rework the stitch count.

I'm not doing Andi's KAL, but I am doing a Summer Sweater KAL and so far that's going okay (it's been five days, so take that as you will). I seriously need to finish stuff up, though, so maybe I'll do my own Finish It Up few weeks once my summer sweater is done.

Unknown said...

hahaha 4 WIPs is no shame, no shame at all! Heck, I feel like I cast on 4 additional WIPs each week...

But anyhow, that pooling scarf sounds awesome and I'd love to see it/might want to make one now.

Andi G said...

Beautiful WIPs, that I have no doubt will become even more beautiful FOs.
Thank you for joining the KAL/CAL!

Maryse said...

I'm also part of the KAL! But instead of knitting, I'm reading blogs ;-)

DKnits said...

I'm not part of the KAL, I only have one wip, but I'm cheerleading! :)
Your WIPs are lovely

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...