Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Creative Recap

It's that time of year again. Time for the annual creative recap. I knit quite a bit again this year. My design list isn't as impressive in quantity, but I certainly knit more stitches this year. Not all my projects made it onto my ravelry page, but here are the ones that did.

I knit 5 shawls, 9 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of mitts/mittens, 5 hats, 2 sweaters (one human, one dog), 1 vest, 1 cowl, and 1 brain slug. There were more scarves and hats than that, but not everything got photographed before it was gifted.

I also knit 5 more designs for The Book. Pictured here is the entire collection that has been knit so far.

And here is the last design for The Book. I've got quite a bit of knitting to go, but it is a good start.

I'd say that the biggest accomplishment this year was finishing Celestarium. Having it included in the 2012 Winter issue of Twist Collective is a huge honor. And it seems to have taken off on ravelry. There are several knit alongs scheduled for 2013. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's project.

Well, that was my year in knits. I'm quite pleased with what got accomplished. And I'm looking forward to seeing what next year holds. 

And thanks to everyone who reads this blog. It wouldn't be the same without you guys!

8 comments :

Mademoiselle Marie said...

Your calestarium shawl looks awesome. I've seen it on ravelry before but I'm kinda (really) afraid of circular shawls. Maybe I'll conquer my fear of knitting circular projects this year? If I ever do, your shawl will be among the first I knit :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to depress myself by counting the number of less knits than last year done by me. Your list is very impressive. And you're rightly proud of Celestarium!

Becca said...

Happy new year! All the best for the book :) x

Jennifer said...

What a lovely collection of projects and designs! Good luck for the new year and I'm very excited for your book!

Andi G said...

Beautiful accomplishments for 2012!
I for one, am so excited for the release of your book.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your success! And I'm loving the look of the big squishy knit on the right in the suitcase.

DKnits said...

Happy new year Audry and congratulations for all your beautiful projects! Your shawl is divine and this success is well deserved! Wish you all the best for 2013!

Pumpkin said...

I get excited every time I see a new post from you, especially when it contains information on the Book. You definitely accomplished a lot this year, especially with Celestarium (which is on my "to knit" list for this year). Also, I had no idea that you knitted a Zissou hat (my second favorite Wes Anderson movie!).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...