Friday, December 21, 2012

Scooter's Sweater

Every year I say I'm not going to do holiday knitting. And every year, a week or so before Christmas, I start feeling bad that I haven't made Scooter anything. I know what you all think; dogs don't care about knits. Well, Scooter is a dog after my own heart. He loves knits. He seeks them out. Nothing makes him happier than cuddling in something knitted. (Of course this is a problem when I'm actively knitting the thing he'd like to be sitting on.)
This is Scooter's new trick, "Wave." I'm teaching him to wave with his left and right paws on command.

Scooter has been without a sweater that fits for several years now. He has outgrown the one he has and gets upset when we put it on him. He looked a bit like a stuffed sausage when it was on. But he's 10 years old now, and I think he gets a bit colder than he used to.
There were various family theories over whether he hated sweaters or if he didn't like the one that was too small. I was on the side that felt that he would like a sweater if it fitted him. So I sunk some money and bought three skeins of Cascade 128. I knew he liked that yarn because last year's present was made of it. 

Since Scooter could care less if it is Christmas or not, I went ahead and put it on him as soon as I was done with it. He appears to like it! As he should. I measured him and custom knit it to his sizing. And I added extra leg room so he could run all he wanted without sleeves feeling funny. Here is the project's ravelry page if you want yarn and needle details.
 
He's catching a treat in this photo. It does a good job of showing the shaping I put into the chest.

There's one last thing to note. I made the sweater to match mine. Yes, that's a bit dorky, but I don't care. He's my little buddy.
"Give me the treat, human."

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Matching sweaters, what a hoot! Scooter looks like he loves it. You're a good mummy.

Jennifer said...

Oh, how sweet that you two have matching sweaters! That is so adorable. I'd like to make my kitty a sweater, but I think she's really hate it. :(

Anonymous said...

Awww! Completely adorable. I love how you went through the trouble to find yarn he likes. My dog would probably chew up any yarn ;)

Alina Sayre said...

So cute that you guys match! Nice pictures of Scooter, too :)

Elaine said...

Scooter looks so handsome!!! And I knew I recogized that pattern + color… love that you guys match ^_^

Mademoiselle Marie said...

Awww, the last picture is so adorable! What a fun idea to make matching sweaters.

Anonymous said...

Okay~ this is just about the cutest thing ever!
The two of you in matching sweaters :)))
Love it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...