Friday, December 7, 2012

Knitting Like The World Is About To End

Well, my Rock Island is growing at an alarming rate. Last night I knit 2/3 of the middle lace section. Once I got a rhythm, it was hard to stop. We've all been there. Every time I finished a row I would say to myself, "Well, maybe I'll go to bed after this LAST row." Followed by, "I can't leave it on a wrong side row. I might not know where I left off."

I've turned the heel on my second Skyp sock. I see a warm pair of socks in my near future. And a reason to buy more skeins of Blue Moon's Socks That Rock Lightweight. The Tlingit and Carbon colorways are currently catching my eye. But I'm really looking forward to seeing the Blue Moon booth at Stitches West and picking out skeins in person. I really must make a list this year. Last year I didn't and ended up with all sorts of yarn. And roving. And books.

I've got a successful swatch for my last knit for The Book. Hurray! Of course I can only show you the back of the swatch for now. But I'm excited about this last project. It is coming out as good as I had hoped it would... so far. Hopefully the garment comes out as well as the swatches.
There isn't a good sense of scale in this photo. That swatch is 10.5 x 7.5 inches. It's practically a sweater all on its own.

Just look at all that knitting accomplished in the last few days. It's like I just sit around all day and knit. Oh wait....

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

That shawl is coming on amazingly! And you still have heaps of yarn left. Looks like you'll have enough after all?
Nice work on your last swatch! I can't wait to see that book!

Andi G said...

There is nothing wrong with just sitting around all day and knitting. Sometimes I plan my days that way. :)
All the knitting you have accomplished is amazing! Love the Skyp socks. Mine were knit out of Blue Moon too and it knits up to the perfect with this pattern, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Those look like cables! I'm so excited to see how your book turns out- it's probably going to be AMAZING.

Unknown said...

Socks That Rock is like a compulsion for me... it is my absolute favorite sock yarn and I've stashed alarming amounts of it. You can't go wrong!

Pumpkin said...

Ah I'm so envious that you get to sit around and knit all day, how relaxing. Although you need some relaxing, you've been working so hard on your designing! I also think that your list is a great idea, although make sure that you allow yourself one "wild card" purchase. I'm very excited for the book, looks like you are nearing the last stretch.

Maryse said...

There is more progress at your casa than at mine ;-) Wonderful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...