I knit up lots of stash. I bought more yarn to take its place.
My LYS started and still is carrying Giraffe Hat kits. I even lead a KAL (Knit Along) for it in November.
I was the recipient of the coolest gift ever: yarn specially dyed to match the water around Big Sur. I'm still working out what kind of pattern would show off the yarn the best.
Here is a recap of this past year's goals.
Goals for 2012:
1. Finish designing and knitting the rest of the knits for my book. Figure out the next step in putting everything together.
Status: Pretty darn close. I'm on the last knit and have begun working on how I want to layout the book. I've also been doing photoshoots for the completed knits. So it's getting there.
2. Road trip somewhere. I'd like it if it was the southwest road trip I've been wanting to do, but anything would be fine.
Status: Semi-complete. I did go on short day trips in my area. I had wanted to do a large roadtrip. But a bunch of small ones were good too.
3. Be able to bike up Highway 9 to Santa Cruz. I've seen serious bikers in lycra clothes and carbon fiber bikes going up there. I want to take my t-shirt wearing, commuter-bike riding butt up that way.
Status: Incomplete. It's a big ride and I never was in good enough shape to do it this year. I'm ok with that. I might do the ride one day, but it isn't a goal anymore.
4. Knit a pair of sock with my own hand spun yarn.
Status: Complete. I made a pair of Denature socks from my handspun. I learned that although I like spinning and I like knitting, I don't really like knitting with my handspun. That feeling could change depending on what I'm knitting.
5. Finally put up my daily comic site.
Status: Cancelled. I quit doing my daily comics in October. Or rather, I officially quit in October. I had stopped drawing them a couple months before. Once I put the notebooks deep in my closet, I noticed that the amount of guilt I felt nearly vanished. I no longer had a project that was telling me I had failed every day.
6. And one rollover from last year's list: Make that music video. Seriously.
Status: Complete. I made the video and had a good time doing it. I also learned to use Final Cut Pro X, which is a nifty program.
Goals for 2013:
I've only have one main goal this year. But it is such a big goal that it has sub-goals to it. And that big goal is to finish The Book. If possible, I want to have a hard copy in my hand by August. So under this huge goal are the subgoals, which are:
1. Finish knitting the last knit.
2. Finish the last 5 photo shoots.
3. Hire a tech editor. Edit The Book.
4. Layout The Book.
5. Get test knitters lined up. Test the knits.
And I have one goal unrelated to The Book.
6. Knit a sister shawl to Celestarium. This one will have the constellations of the southern hemisphere.
Well, that's it for me. What are everyone else's goals for this year?