Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sweating In The Sweater

I have officially finished my very first sweater! The pattern is The Fireside Sweater by Amber Allison. The pattern is written fairly well. But what I like about it best is how easy it was to modify it to fit me better. If you want super specific details about what modifications I made, check out my Fireside Project Page on ravelry.

I used Tui by Zealana. 70% NZ Merino, 15% Cashmere, 15% Possum. I asked kiwipurler to send me an extra skein because half-way through, it looked like I was going to need 11 skeins. I only had ten and I don't live in NZ. Of course I ended up using only 9 skeins. But I don't think I would have even bothered finishing the sweater if I hadn't had the extra skein. It was like a security skein.

The buttons are dark wood. I chose them because I wanted them to blend in with the sweater. All in all, I'm fairly pleased with the sweater.

Of course, in an entirely predictable turn of events, it is too hot to wear the sweater.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I am so proud of you.

WildflowerWool said...

Wow, what a sweater to knit for your first one! It fits you perfectly. Very nice job!!

Hillary Rose said...

The pattern on this is so gorgeous! Amazing job! I love the shapes on the back.

The Wool Wide Web said...

Stunning- thanks for showcasing our yarn in such an amazing project- on behalf of Yarnsisters/Zealana

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...