Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Summer Of Sci-Fi

I watch a lot of movies. I'm not going to tell you how many I watch a week, but it is more than you. Despite the high volume of movies I've seen, I've only watched a handful of classic monster movies. Of the small handful, I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of the lessons that are in each film. Some of the lessons are rather profound, such as "the scariest beast is the one you battle inside yourself". I've decided that this summer I am going to make more of an effort to watch these old films, and while I'm at it, I'll share it with all of you. Starting tomorrow, I'll be posting a new series called:

I quite like the posters for the old monster movies too. Although they all seem to be a remix of each other. To make a monster movie poster in the 50s, you just need to add these ingredients:
1. Blocky letters with warped perspective
2. A screaming or fainted lady
3. A monster or a concerned looking man near the lady
4. A reference to outer space

1 comments :

Andi said...

I've been contemplating doing a movie feature on my blog too. I might give you a run for your money on the number of movies watched in a week. I also watch a crazy number of movies.

Have you seen Them!? It's one of my favorite 50s scifi movies. If you ever need any suggestions, let me know. My mom and I always watch the scifi marathons on TCM so I've seen a million.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...