Saturday, June 11, 2011

Love Blanket

The other day I was reading a blog post on Needled called Generosity. Kate talks about how generous knitters can be. She was a recipient of a hand knitted blanket made by ten people that she didn't know. I'm sure every knitter who reads that blog was a wee bit jealous. (Although she very much deserved every bit of love that blanket contained) Fast forward a few days. As I went out to walk the dog, I saw a package addressed to me from my old employer (and friend). I put it inside and continued on. Scooter had a quick walk that day. As soon as I got home, I ripped the box open.

Tore past the tissue paper to find this. A hand crocheted blanket made for me! Especially for me!!! For anyone who knits/ crochets/ quilts, etc, you know that each stitch was done with that special recipient in mind. As soon as I saw it, I exclaimed, "It's a love blanket!" And boy do I feel loved in it.

It's huge! It's heavy! It's double thick! All the color work is carried inside the stitches.

Thanks so much Mrs. L! I think about you, your husband, and camp very fondly. And every time I look at the blanket, I'll be reminded how loved I am. (I also appreciate the amount of postage it took to send the blanket to me)

2 comments :

Andi said...

That's so sweet! It's also a really attractive blanket. The color work stitch pattern is really cool.

Audry said...

I know! I only wish it was cold again so I could snuggle in it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...