Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Knitting Basket Full Of Socks

It has been raining buckets all month. I think we've had maybe four days of sun. What has that all added up to? Lots of knitting time of course! At the moment, I only have socks in my knitting basket.

I've been diligently working away on my Hieroglyphic Socks that I started in September. I only have to knit the toe on one of the socks. But, like all my other recent socks, this one has the potential to misbehave.
Yarn is Lisa Souza Hardtwist Merino Petite in the Coachella and St. Louis Blues color ways 

The stitches are a bit loose where I picked up along the heel flap. I have a plan on how to fix it, but I'm not sure how the fix will affect the length of the sock. So until I'm sure that I got the length of the first sock's toe correct, I'm going to hold off on knitting the second sock's toe.

The other two socks pairs I have in my basket I had cast on just before we left for Hawaii. I've knit the Haleakala socks before, although they have since been gifted to my Mum. I thought that since we were going to Haleakala, it made perfect sense to knit a new pair. Well, after casting on and knitting a round and a half, I realized that I probably wasn't going to work on anything with a cabled pattern while on vacation. Although, I still took them to Haleakala. They sat in the car while we hiked. Now that we are back, I've started to knit on them again.
Yarn is Malabrigo Yarn Sock in the Pocion color way

I still wanted some knitting for the airports. Since Haleakala socks were out, I also ended up casting on a pair of vanilla socks. They might look familiar because I have knit the exact same pair of socks before. The yarn washed out and the rainbows aren't as bright anymore on the old pair. I've since learned how to better maintain my socks, so I'm knitting this pair again.
Yarn is Canon Hand Dyes Charles Self Striping Sock in the Yoga For Elephants and Silver color ways

I've also kept up at my embroidery. After sewing most of one side, I realized that I'd done it really crooked. I ripped it all back out, took some deep breaths, and started again. It's ready to be sewn into a sachet, although I think I might wait to have a few more ready before I break out the sewing machine again.

Well, that's what I've been working on for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I hope to have the Hieroglyphic Socks finished up soon so I can cast on a sweater. What has everyone else been working on? And what do you hope to start?

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

How fitting to knit a pair of Haleakala socks :D
May I ask what you changed that makes the colour in your socks last longer? I'm always interested in hearing things that might improve the life quality of my hand knits :)

Anonymous said...

Your colourwork socks are amazing. I am finishing up my first design in a while. And I've started a new shawl and am working on a pair of vanilla socks. It was very strange for a day or two... I only had ONE wip on the needles!!!

Zoe said...

I'm working on socks right now too. I've been back to your site several times to see the calf shaping on your lovely but temperamental concrete rainbow socks. Trying to figure out if I want the sock I'm working on now to go up high on my leg because I love the yarn so much. :)

Maryse said...

Aren't socks fun to knit! The poción colorway is stunning! It will make beautiful socks. I am now working on a hat to reduce my stash and I think I will have enough yarn to make the same one for my daughter :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...